Here's another new face-up. I don't have a very good "before" picture of Emily (and besides, it wouldn't be very nice to "diss" the person who did the original porcelain painting, eh?) but she had a fair number of flaws (and still does since there is a badly repaired break at the base of her neck!) Camouflaging/blending the hard-edge fired-on brows and lashes took a bit of work but I feel good about the results. And I'm really happy with the over-paint job on her inset eyes! (Click on the photo below right to see it enlarged.)
I was frustrated yesterday afternoon when I finished the face-up because I wanted to put the head onto a body right away to share pictures, but I found that I didn't have any pink doll brain beads left. (Since this Effner 6 3/8" sculpt has the neck as part of the head, it is one of those dolls with the Tonner articulated body instead of our Tenner ball jointed body, and hence needs the brain bead to hold the head on the body - see the August 8, 2015 blog post if you've forgotten about brain beads!) So Emily couldn't get it together until I made a trip to town this morning. But she's pretty happy now! And simply pretty too, I think!!! R.
Please check out the "about us" pages to find out who's really typing these words.